new roof leaking, photos here, help please!

I'm not keen on getting this guy back as he's already been back once, what would people advise? Getting the work done by a professional and getting them to send him an invoice? Me sending him the invoice. Small claims? Solicitor?

Even though you don't want him back, you should still give him the chance to get it sorted even if he gets someone else to do it. Thats the first thing small claims/a solicitor will advise you.

Yes, I've just had that response from my solicitor, I have to give him the chance to remedy the work before I can get someone else to do it and make him pay the cost. Hopefully I can get a list of things to be done and present him with them, the items that you have all mentioned will be listed so thanks for all of the advice.
He's done other work, as in built the new extension, but we have issues with the limestone flooring in the kitchen which has been badly laid and is now breaking up. Not good.

Sponsored Links
What's going on with the downpipe outlet over the Velux windows? Why didn't he/she run it down the rhs.

This is a diy best effort not a pro surely???

That line of silicone down the tiles made me LOL. Sorry i don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, my fibreglass roof bubbles up like the bubonic plague in summertime, heading to small claims myself but my roofer went out of business a year ago, his 10year garuantee didn't last v long.

I wish you the best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back