New roof technology

Sponsored Links
The product has a 50 year warranty although what warranty does a timber truss come with? Gang nail plates, galvanised nails etc would be "susceptible" to the same issues the steel roof is although the timber is fine because they've survived hundreds of years?! The hot dip galvanised steel sections are NOT at risk of rusting or rotting - especially when used in a warm roof environment. The company has provided me with evidence of extensive salt water testing and the 50 year warranty is simply a figure put to the product. It appears a 50 year warranty has been construed as a 50 year shelf life in some cases? The product is used by some volume housebuilders and has been approved to NHBC specification - thats good enough for me in terms of the properties future saleability!

Which volume house builders are using the system, if said company were supplying to a major volume house builder it would be plastered all over their website?

If a local one man builder has used it twice that doesn't really constitute a volume house builder does it! I've never seen barrett sites etc with tinny roofs on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back