New satelite system

• Thread starter bradleigh1977
  • Start date
B

bradleigh1977

Hello, and thanks for reading,

i currently have sky + hd, 2 x multirooms, and some freeview boxes in my house. But what i want is to get another satelite system, as i want to get football on a saturday, and maybe the odd adult art film....

After reading different forums, i thought id post here. i've seen a couple of satelite systems, which look ok. i can't have a massive dish because of where i live, but i can have a powered dish.

Is it as easy as finding the satelites, hotbird etc...and thats it?

Or do you have to pay subscription, like sky.

PM me if its easier.

All I want is someone to say, buy this system, plug it in, find the sats, and away you go.

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Im not sure about the football i think it may have been somthing like ART sports which needed a viewing card and you paid 12months upfront. The Adult channels are found on the Hotbird satellites at 13 degrees east of south there are many of them and you buy a viewing card for a package for an upfront fee for either 6 or 12 months.
You need a receiver with either a universal card reader or a CI slot for a suitable CAM ( Conditional Access Module ) the latter is like a small version of the old decoders which you insert the card into.
A good system would be motorised with a clear view of the sky from about 40 degrees east of south to 30 degrees west of south, the dish will not have to go on the house you may be abel to get away with installing it on a ground stand in the back garden.
If you go down the route of a motor based system i would recommend a tecnomate receiver like the 6800 the technomate Diseqc 1.2 motor with all metal gears and a good quality 80cm diameter dish like a Triax i would also say to go for a good quality LNB with a low noise factor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back