New shower valve help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower which is going hot and cold and so i bought a new valve to replace it with.

However the new valve needs a different connection set up and so i have ended up taking off a tile and digging out the pipe work behind.

I could use a bit of help on how best to reconnect up again.

My intention is to use one of the connecting bar plates from tool station. So i need to cut the top elbows off and then fit new elbows and a length of pipe sticking out. I will then cut back the pipe when set and fit the wall palate. The new shower valve will just screw onto this plate.

However i was wondering if i could buy a compression elbow which could be used instead of the solder elbow and the compression fitting would have the coupling to connect onto this shower bar.

I enclose a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_2780.jpg
    IMG_2780.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
Dam, i have just checked screw fix and they are selling the valve for a reduced price as well. I should have just bought this and saved myself hours and hours of work.

I am tempted to get this, but worried it may not last that long. The current valve has lasted only 2 yrs.

Hence now i want to use a shower plate so i can just swap out a valve as and when it fails.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-co...UayJ85x0z56fglGv-TBoCHncQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think using a street elbow will be the best option instead of using a basic elbow with a length of copper

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Shower pl8 that I use requires you to leave long stubs of copper protruding from it and you then cut these down to the required length when all tiling and making good has been completed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back