new socket in stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm building a stud wall in my front room and there are no sockets anywhere near it. I'm thinking ahead and believe a socket would be really useful in the future. Directly above the stud wall is my small office which has one double socket. Could I tap into that and run the cable through the stud wall downstairs? 2.5mm cable

I've not checked the wiring on the upstairs socket to determine if its possible. I've read you can't spur off a spur but I doubt its a spur since its the only one in the room. Each room has only one socket. 1960's build.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
In the 60s it was very common to install spurs in some attempt to save cable. It was also assumed you only needed a few sockets here and there so adding extras seemed unlikely.

Find 'the ring', and it may be beneficial to 'extend the ring' to your new wall to make future alterations easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back