New soffits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I’m having new guttering fitted, the soffits have been fitted today using hollow soffit board, which looks very messy when you look and cut different sizes so can see gaps in some off them against the house

after googling it I’ve seen people use something called J trim/ starter channel to get a neat finish, any reason why this wouldn’t have been used before I complain?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I’m having new guttering fitted, the soffits have been fitted today using hollow soffit board, which looks very messy when you look and cut different sizes so can see gaps in some off them against the house

after googling it I’ve seen people use something called J trim/ starter channel to get a neat finish, any reason why this wouldn’t have been used before I complain?

thanks
Bodge.

“The hollow soffet will be sealed against the wall using white silicon, that is how we will finish it. Paul will be sealing it up this morning”

Sponsored Links
“The hollow soffet will be sealed against the wall using white silicon, that is how we will finish it. Paul will be sealing it up this morning”

Bodge. You can buy a wall U channel for the soffit to slot neatly into. What fixings are they using - they should all, screws nails etc. be stainless, or brass. Anything else will rust out, at best leaving rust stains, at worst it will come adrift in a few years.

“silicon which is standard way of finishing soffets against a wall. Using silicon against a wall to finish soffets is not bad practice it’s standard practice and that’s what we’ve allowed for. You are not being over charged for the soffets it’s an extremely reasonable price, Paul spent all day yesterday in the soffets then has sealed them up today plus the materials”

“The hollow soffet will be sealed against the wall using white silicon
Nooooooo!

We use a little silicon as possible. Maybe the odd blob where there is dodgy brickwork holding off the odd trim. even then you would scribe in where possible.

Sack them immediately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back