New system, how's it looking?

how much was the cost
He's a mate so doing it for free, I'll see him right though.
This puts me in the slightly uncomfortable position though of not wanting to tell him about the advice on this thread regarding the air vents above the door loops etc.
I just wanted to make sure he hasn't made any glaring mistakes and his work was of a decent quality, I don't want him to think I was checking up on him.
The Danfoss valve came with the underfloor heating pack.

Sponsored Links
Good quality install i understand you know nothing about plumbing but does this not look good to your eye? As you said he is your mate and obviously a very close one at that if he is doing all this work free of charge!
My only bit of advise is now you've been reasured he's doing a good job is leave him alone to get on with the job and make sure you offer him a nice big bundle of £20 notes as a thank you when he's finished freebie job or not. Friends like him are hard to find and certainly should not be taken for granted! ;)

Very good, well laid out.

No air vents at high level.

No circuit draincocks.

No by-pass.

No gas pipe.

It would have been nice to see lockshield valves on the returns to balance the circuits.

And to answer someones questions, fittings look much better than pulled bends on surface pipework, and as a bonus, 10 x easier to lag.

Sponsored Links
Its a nice job and I like the isolating valves on the motor valves. They cost so little but make any subsequest repairs so much easier.

As DIA says drain/power flushing points would have been sensible. I would have used two full flow lever valves.

Lets hope he is as good with the wiring as the pipework.

Tony

6 series vaillant has internal bypass

That maybe the case, but no built-in boiler by-pass like a zero circulation situation, and most will advise fitting an additional one, to dissipate the heat better.

The DOC is there and plain to see on one of the lowest points of the system.

Have a closer look at the cylinder coil. ;)

Looks the biz and especially as a favour, your friend is obviously good at what he does and proud about his work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back