new taps

d67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi -

just a paranoid question -

i have just fitted a new mixer tap in the kitchen. it involved a compression reducer and flexible connectors back to the supply all with ptfe tape etc. anyway, at first the joints were dripping, so i tried to tighten them some more, which was very difficult, but the dripping stopped.

the tap outlet rotates, but when i do this the pipes move slightly. i am now worried that this may loosen the connections and in the middle of the night the pipes may start to leak again !!

anyway my question is - do the joints become stronger over time, with limescale, and reaction with the water etc ???

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
PTFE tape is a nightmare. (That should start some correspondence) Us ethe right washers and where there are compression joints do them up, then undo them and put a little jointing compound on the mating part of the olive that normally fixes it. If you have done the joints up too tight leaks will be a continuing problem. In this case undo them, and if they are brass olives cut them off, throw thenm away and replace with copper olives. They will conform better and are more likely to seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back