New Tent For 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a new tent.

I don't want to wait as long as I did for my smartphone.....

The tent is only for me, plus gear.

Size is not too much of an issue, but I don't want too huge a tent!

I need:

Good headroom (6'+) in living area and bedroom.

This means I will need a 4/5 man tent, looking at what is out there. Smaller tents don't have the headroom.

A footprint.

Preferably a sewn-in groundsheet.

Enough space in the bedroom and living area to put a chair so I can sit down and take off/ put on boots.

Ease of pitch/ strike.

No more than £300.

Brucie bonus for any under £100 including footprint...

Any suggestions, folks? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You want the "Bear Grylls" special.. A commando knife, 10m of parachute cord, and your own ingenuity.:eek: :eek: He can create a 3 bed house with nothing more than these items, a few strategically positioned branches and a load of coconut leaves. (it was on the discovery channel, if ya don't believe me) (probably be re-broadcast on Dave, in about ten years) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I can make a bivvy, but this is for a quick to pitch shelter that is reliably dry and roomy with head height, none of which bivvies are!!

Are you looking at something to pitch that will be taken out of the boot of your car or something you want to carry around in your back pack? Im guessing the car option as you want a chair etc.

Have you considered a fishing shelter. Different combos out there

http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=fishing+shelters

You would probably need on with an inner and an outer, there are also all sorts of beds and chair combos for fishing that look rather comfy.

http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=fishing+chair+bed

Just a lateral thought may be what you are looking for.

Rob

Sponsored Links
You want the "Bear Grylls" special.. A commando knife, 10m of parachute cord, and your own ingenuity.:eek: :eek: He can create a 3 bed house with nothing more than these items, a few strategically positioned branches and a load of coconut leaves. (it was on the discovery channel, if ya don't believe me) (probably be re-broadcast on Dave, in about ten years) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

maybe he can,but trying to find anything in this country thats dry is goner be a problem,i reckon it wont dry until september.lol.

Tent for 1? Has she kicked you out again?

I told you not to go near her sister! Again!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy

She hasn't got a sister?

This is for camping with Scouts.

Have bought a brand new discontinued Atakama 5 from Go Outdoors (in the bargain bin) for £50.

Thanks SS. That looks good and the video makes it look easy and quick to erect.

It's been a long time since we went camping, but I seem to remember that our tent, which we still have somewhere, was fairly easy too. Much easier and quicker than an old canvas tent that my dad's best friend gave us many years ago when I was a teenager. I think he 'acquired' it when he was in the army!

The quickest I've seen was one that you take out of its case then literally throw up into the air, and then it erects itself! Can't remember what it was called, though.

My grand children had one like that. As you took it out the box wire springs in the seams straightened themselves out and hey presto, one ridge tent.

It was a bugger to fold back up though! :evil:

My grand children had one like that. As you took it out the box wire springs in the seams straightened themselves out and hey presto, one ridge tent.

It was a b*****r to fold back up though! :evil:

Yes. I seem to remember when it was being demonstrated (in some store somewhere) they didn't demonstrate packing it back up again.

Sponsored Links
Back