New tiles do not overhang gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if this is the right arena for this question, please excuse and direct me if so, (this is my first post), I have been in property maintenance for many years but don't do roofs, I have just had mine replaced, I have been up on the scaffolding to have a good look and wash the gutters, whilst there I could see the bottom row of tiles do not overhang the gutter and a plastic membrane has been used under the tile to direct rain in to the gutter, is this acceptable given the whole roof has just been replaced? I appreciate this could be used as a solution to resolve an existing problem, has the first row of tiles been set wrong? Thanks for help.

Sponsored Links
I'll put some on in an hour or so, when I get up there, thanks, I'm not sure whether to get the roofer back and don't want to appear a whinger, thanks

Sponsored Links
Tiles should overhang the gutter to approximately half way. Especially if it's been retiled.

The "plastic membrane" should be eaves support tray - look that up for photos to compare that is what it is and that it's been fitted correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back