New Toilet Won't Fit Nooooo!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to fit a new toilet pan. It is the concealed
spigot type and I have tried two different connectors.

The P type will fit but leaves a 70mm gap between the wall and cistern. I have also tried the flexible one which just about fits but the bend is that tight that it's flattening the pipe. The soil pipe is in the floor. Is there any other connector I can try?

Sponsored Links
This is a common problem covered many times on this forum. You will have to accept the gap behind the cistern and pack it out with some timber or whatever you fancy.
Or reposition your soil outlet.

Build a false stud wall behind it & take the opportunity to put a recessed lighting feature in there; looks great! ;)

Sponsored Links
There is a "question mark" shaped connector on the Multikwik website which might do the trick. Not sure if the end sizes will suit though.

As has been said you have two option , either dig up the floor and move the drain or batton out the wall between the cistern

Many thanks for the replys, been up to the plumbers merchants and bought a spacesaver connector. Looks
like it will just about fit. Its Christmas eve so I won't
be allowed to play anymore till at least New Year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

HI

i fitted new w.c today.same problem try swan neck connector no luck.so 2 wood battens between the wall and the cistern.customer was not too keen but she will get used to it. :LOL:

I am amazed that it is so difficult to get a new WC with downwards discharge. There must be lots of us needing one, where the old one is set on a concrete floor :mad:

I am amazed that it is so difficult to get a new WC with downwards discharge. There must be lots of us needing one, where the old one is set on a concrete floor :mad:

Took a whole 10 seconds with google.

http://www.bathroomtrade.com/products/Vitra_Hinton_Low_Level_S_Trap_Pan-3305-25.html

Mike

Please read the original post again.I think you are missing the point here.
The OP is clearly trying to fit a a wc which from the sounds of it (concealed spigot?) is a close coupled wc.
I don't think you will find too many of them knocking around with an s trap outlet.
If all we did was replace like for like in bathrooms we would never have to box out the back of a cistern ever again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back