New TRV settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have fitted three new rads in my house and bought three new TRVs. The rads were initially fitted without the TRV head (just standard cap) and I screwed on the TRVs yesterday. What I have noticed is that TRVs are working in the opposite way such that when I turn fully clockwise to the setting 0 it full heats up and the opposite occurs when at 5.

How can I sync this up such that the TRVs work correctly?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. So if I take the heads of and then ensure the rad is fully on and set the TRV to 5 when placing back on, this should do the trick?

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit odd to me. I could understand if at 0 it still gets hot as that would occur if the head wasn't seated on the valve/pin properly but it should never shut off when turned to 5. Clockwise should alway shut it off and anticlockwise should always open it up. As the other user said try taking the head off rotating it anticlockwise to 5 and put it back on. This way you won't be fighting against the pin and you can seat it properly before tightening.
Try setting all of them all to 0 to see if this occurs with all of them.
J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back