New UPVC Sash, does this job look ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Not an expert. We had new upvc sashes installed. They mostly look good but I’m curious to get this forum’s take.

Trickle vent not aligned, draught, can this be fixed?

Alignment of architraves not clean, should this be fixed?

From the outside these look great. There’s another bit where I just need to add some extra polyfiller.

But I’m really not sure about if the vent and architrave were done properly? Is this to be expected? The other windows aligned nicely.

Appreciate any input from this forum!

Attachments

• F90E86E1-6BA8-4A31-9315-BC4A2BCC53A4.jpeg
    F90E86E1-6BA8-4A31-9315-BC4A2BCC53A4.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 0879A760-658F-4FA4-82BD-95D1BEA1BA5B.jpeg
    0879A760-658F-4FA4-82BD-95D1BEA1BA5B.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Difficult to tell from the pictures, if the window board is narrow and the wall uneven, the fitter has to work with what is there. Otherwise a complaint may be justified for shoddy workmanship. You may be able to prise off the screw caps on the trickle vents and adjust the alignment.

Blup

Trickle vents are designed to let air into the room, by design they are draughty however if you mean drasughty when closed and assuming they have some sort of foam seal then no, ideally they should be draught free. The window board I assume they haven't fitted as theres no damage around the horn, they've only fitted the architraves so I'm not sure what I'd expect them to do to be honest, not saying it looks ok but.....!!! Maybe ask if theres a slimmer thinner architrave they could use instead?

Sponsored Links
The existing window board is not deep enough. Not their fault. The room may have been re-plastered. A competent chippie will be able to cut the nosing off and splice in some timber to make it deeper (read: project further in to the room).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back