New Vaillant system boiler & cylinder installed

Sponsored Links
I ain't really got a clue to be fair,
I thought it was a good professional job.

Far from it.
What is the make and model of boiler
May also need a bypass if there is none and boiler needs this
Why are there two cables going to right hand spur unit and why the single insulated wires between the two spurs.
Ask the fitter to produce his unvented ticket as this appliance needs approved installer to fit.
Good to see balanced cold feed installed unless my eyes are playing tricks
Is the boiler benchmark completed?
Did you get the flue gas test printout.
Ask for gas rate and inlet gas pressure ( in majority of cases will not be 20mb)
Check with manufacturers if the boiler has been registered.

Now have seen it is a Vaillant boiler. Perhaps posters with knowledge of this brand will tell you if bypass required

Far from it.
What is the make and model of boiler
May also need a bypass if there is none and boiler needs this
Why are there two cables going to right hand spur unit and why the single insulated wires between the two spurs.
Ask the fitter to produce his unvented ticket as this appliance needs approved installer to fit.
Good to see balanced cold feed installed unless my eyes are playing tricks
Is the boiler benchmark completed?
Did you get the flue gas test printout.
Ask for gas rate and inlet gas pressure ( in majority of cases will not be 20mb)
Check with manufacturers if the boiler has been registered.

Now have seen it is a Vaillant boiler. Perhaps posters with knowledge of this brand will tell you if bypass required

Have not received benchmark, certificates or any paper work yet, I guess he's waiting for final payment before any documents given to me.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the 2 port to the cylinder is via the overheat stat. But if by the pics and wiring I’d get it checked also. Like I said seen worse but it’s not good

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
as others have said, wiring is a shambles, and getting modern appliances and keeping that programmer is just stupid

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Cracking simple timer.
True but when they work they are as simple as can be.

Many moons ago when I did Sundial plan workshop run by Honeywell, this timer was to be replaced but got second life like the A10 Worthog on account of its simplicity of operation of the timer

My experience is somewhat different ( have an estate where this is the programmer of choice- elderly residents). On an odd occasion one of the channels keeps switching off and on, but main issue almost always is a dead nicad battery ( which I keep in stock). There is no timer or programmer that is going to last a lifetime as electronic components will fail at some point. Some of these ST699 timers have been chugging away for some 30 years. Many clockwork ones have failed by this time.

There are instances where these programmers are fitted to gravity hw systems but there is no switch facility ( on the earlier version that I am familiar with anyhow) to switch the boiler on during CH run unless the hardwiring is adjusted to suit. Have done that and fitted programmable room thermostat so that the boiler runs when programmable room stat kicks in

on this installation programmer can be used for heating water but replace the heating part with a programmable room thermostat of choice.

Have not received benchmark, certificates or any paper work yet, I guess he's waiting for final payment before any documents given to me.

It is not permitted to withhold commissioning documentation in lieu of payment. Benchmark and associated FGA readings are legal documents and must be completed and left with the customer/appliance upon commissioning.
Why did you post this OP? Did you have doubts or did you do it yourself?

It is not permitted to withhold commissioning documentation in lieu of payment. Benchmark and associated FGA readings are legal documents and must be completed and left with the customer/appliance upon commissioning.
Why did you post this OP? Did you have doubts or did you do it yourself?

I posted this as it was asked.

I had no doubts whatsoever and was pleased with thd job, plus was supporting a local tradesmen.

No i didn't do it myself, I couldn't even put a screw in the wall

:D @ the sparkies coming from the electrical forum to slate that wiring job..

I posted this as it was asked.

I had no doubts whatsoever and was pleased with thd job, plus was supporting a local tradesmen.

No i didn't do it myself, I couldn't even put a screw in the wall
If it is fully completed, is safe and you are happy, then that is all that really matters to you. A lot on here don't like seeing shoddy work where the customer is paying top dollar, or shoddy work in general, and rightly so. I was never the tidiest of workers, but I did complete the work, and it was safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back