new wall not straight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just had some building work done and would like to seek some advice. I have had a wall that was separating my bathroom and toilet knocked through to create one big bathroom. A new stud wall that has been done I have noticed is not level horizontally. This means the door frame is not level at the top or bottom. I have paid for the building work for to be done, and have only really noticed the above problem since the builder has left.

Where does this leave me? Am I entitled for the work to be corrected without any additional cost? If the builder does not agree with the problem, what can I do?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean. "Level" means perfectly horizontal, and I don't think you mean that do you?

Do you mean that the frame is sticking out more at the top than the bottom?

Sponsored Links
Yeah sorry if it sounds a strange one. Basically when applying a spirit level to the original brick wall and then applying it to the start of the new stud wall over the new door frame, the spirit level does not lie flat by about 5 degrees or so. The new stud wall 'goes in' when looking along the original brick to the new stud wall.

Still clear as mud

You seem to be saying that the wall is not square off another wall or in line with another wall?

But there is not enough detail to comment, as there could be loads of reasons why it has been built like it has

Is the room it is creating actually square?

post a few pics then we will be given half a chance in giving you some advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back