New wireless thermostat for older boiler

Sponsored Links
Buy this from Ebay: item 200207337707 . It is a digital wireless room thermostat and receiver. I fitted the system a few months ago and it works a treat. The instructions could be better. The stat is battery operated. The receiver needs a constant 230V power supply, ideally direct from the DP switch that powers your boiler. There are also 2 other terminals in the receiver which are "volts free" (ie whatever voltage your system needs). You connect them as per switch "72" (room thermostat) on your boiler diagram.

Softus, RT stands for Room Thermostat.

Kev

Sponsored Links
Hi Daniel, I edited the post, a few minutes and changed the item No, to a wireless (simple) system.

However, if you want a programmable wireless one, try this item: 200194291080

Kev

yep, im gonna get that :D nice one.

I saw them before, but didnt want to make the same mistake, but as you have confirmed they are indeed volt free, thats good enough for me. :D

Other ones back on ebay

cheers pal

Well I'm baffled. I can't see any terminal on the Sunvik transceiver documentation to accept a 24V supply from the boiler.

Once again you are correct Softus. This receiver is not meant to be used in 'volt free' boiler situations.

It obviously is just a switch that takes its 240v from its L in.

I only looked at the boiler instructions and assumed this was a normal wireless stat, but as it is a sunvic I should have known better :oops: :rolleyes:

Ok, 1 year on, and i hate tat thermostat i bought :LOL:

Time for the relay idea, anyone any idea where i can buy a 240v relay and enclosure to sit next to the powered thermostat?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back