new wiring, 4 sets of LV downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wiring in lighting to a house extension, which will have its own circuit cable from the consumer unit, which will be 1.5mm2, 2 core and earth. In one of the 2 rooms, there will be 4 sets of LV downlighters - 2 sets of 5@20 watt and 2 sets of 3@20 watt. In the other room there will be 2 sets of 5@20 watt and 2 mains spots of 50w. How do I connect them up to run the four sets for each room off one light switch for each room.

My thinking is, circuit cable runs to 4 way JB with lead to switch and lead to transformer, with circuit cable continuing on to next 4 way JB for next room. The lead to transformer would go through a 3 way JB, giving connection to Tansformer 1 then cable running on to next 3 way JB for connection to T2 and so on.

Is that correct or will I end up with no power by the time the current gets to T4?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Agree with the junction boxes and also transformers should also be accessable for maintenance. Rest sounds fine.
You'll be glad to know Part P does not apply in Scotland.

no you are right i did not notice the glasgow bit, so yes part p does not apply

Sponsored Links
you could loop the feeds into the switches to save on jbs and have a small circular one above each light,a slightly deeper patress may be needed on the switches for the extra cables,not to everyones taste but there you go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back