New World cooker hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above, model no. 21823. Its fitted into my worktop kitchen unit Its about 12 years old, and the largest burner unit and cap have become distorted and I had to prise them off to clean them and now it won't fit back on. Its as if extreme heat or acid has done it, but they are obviously made to withstand heat. The point is that I am told that new world sold out to Indesit and the parts are no longer made.
I wondered if someone knows whether there is a "Breakers yard" or someone who has spares.
I will have to buy a new one if not but my concern for that is, will it fit in the same aperture in the work surface?
chappell

Sponsored Links
this is a nice idea to install a new.Because it is very old. 12 years period is not less.
thank you

Sponsored Links
Thank you gentlemen for all your helpful advice. I did manage to file it into shape and fitted it back on and it lit up o'k, however my wife was not happy with it, worried in case it wasn't safe, so we are going to the sales to get a new one. A happy and healthy new year to you all
chappell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back