NEW YEARS EVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats everbody doing for newyears eve, hope some of u are stopping in, because i can't go out, can't get a baby sitter :evil: at least i can bore the f##k out of you's instead of someone in the pub :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm staying in as well!! - although Dave's going down the road for a drink with his pals......so I'll probably pick him up!

Can't be bothered with it all really - pubs are too busy, nowhere to sit and I can't stand being pushed and shoved about when I'm trying to have a drink (especially when I'm paying for it!!)

Not to mention why should you pay to go into a pub that you normaly get into free.

Sponsored Links
JulieL said:
I'm staying in as well!! - although Dave's going down the road for a drink with his pals......so I'll probably pick him up!

Can't be bothered with it all really - pubs are too busy, nowhere to sit and I can't stand being pushed and shoved about when I'm trying to have a drink (especially when I'm paying for it!!)

So where do you and David go boozing in GM Julie. I'm doing a contract up there until he end of March, so I might let you guys buy me a couple in the new year. :D

Proper New Year has already been and gone - shortest day/longest night etc.

For the Stupid New Year having 8 family members round. Drinks (except me - gone off it recently), food (roast on New Year's Day, buffet day before, I am making banoffee pie), the game 'Articulate' (gets very heated).

I generally dislike New Year's Eve/Day.

I'll be staying in Baby sitting whilst the daughter and her hubby go out, I never liked new year parties, too drunk by the time midnight comes having to use match sticks to keep my eyelids open, and I get fed up with all the girls trying to snog me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: yuk!

staying in trying to get some sleep, with the baby. Never been a fan of new year, seems like a leftover after christmas. Oh and i expect ill get woken up at midnight by the fireworks. Still Happy New Year to you all.

I've got all manner of possibilities, but all of them involve driving so I can't have a celebratory beer. It's either that or remortgage and take a dodgy minicab driven by a guy who's probably drunk anyway.

On the upside, tomorrow morning I can leap out of bed, all bright and breezy, and feel glad I'm not one of the millions of people with a hangover!

As for paying to get into pubs: I wouldn't mind if they limit the numbers of tickets, but the few times I've done that you still end up packed in there like cattle on a cattle truck. No-one wants to leave because they paid for the tickets way in advance, so for all you know the old-man pub down the road has spare tables!

A quiet couple down the road at 6 o'clock, back home for 7 'ish, roast mallard for dinner, bottle of chablis (not the right wine for game I know) Bed at 10. Getting old !!

im working til 9 ish.. race for the 21 21 WAGN train then hop on my 50 cc moped home for about 23 00 ..quick shower ..can of stella then will probably doze off... boring old fart :LOL:

poshman said:
im working til 9 ish.. race for the 21 21 WAGN train then hop on my 50 cc moped home for about 23 00 ..quick shower ..can of stella then will probably doze off... boring old fart :LOL:

New Years in Cambridge? Do it! Great fun!

AdamW said:
poshman said:

New Years in Cambridge? Do it! Great fun!

oh NO not Cambrridge .. the clue of where i live is my name :rolleyes:

Have a very nice New Year all of you, I'm of home for now. See you, well read you, again in 2006

and I wish you all "Many happy days for 2006".

Sponsored Links
Back