Newbie soil pipe and sewer help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we are starting our rear extension after being granted permission from local authority.
I'm doing a lot of the work myself, (not a diy virgin / master builder) and after reading this forum for years for help and advice thought I'd chance my arm for a bit of advice.
In a nutshell it's a 9mtr wide by 3mtr projection single story pitched roof extension the full width of house.
I'm having a digger and driver in next week to dig footings and the first problem to raise it's head will be my private sewer. The soil stack runs down the middle of the of the 9mtr width into an inspection chamber then the sewer runs off into the garden directly across the footing. Ultimately this inspection chamber is going to be moved to the side of the house and the sewer rerouted.
I've heard bc don't like drainage to be done at the same time as footings as it effects the integrity of the footings trench. So do I have to bridge/pack this pipe while it's still in use, even though ultimately it will be disconnected.
Would love to send some pictures but I'm typing this on beach in skiathos getting some r&r before fun begins.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back