Newbie stupid mistake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I had this covered but have built 4m x 5m shed 2.7m high only min 1m from boundaries.... just realised it should be 2m min from boundaries...

One option is to replace roof with a flat one and come in under 2.5m even allowing for decent slope, or retrospectively apply for plannning permission.
I plan at some time in the future to extend my house (which was extended in 1976) so want to get the shed sorted planning-wise now.

Gratefull for any advice (apart from pre-checking the obvious before embarking again on something like this..!)

Sponsored Links
Personally I would ignore it until somebody comes to you. That's only likely if it's visible from the road or the owner of the neighbouring property complains. When it gets weathered in a visiting planning officer is unlikely to be concerned about it. Once it's been there four years it becomes immune.

Thanks - just wondering if perhaps later this year I applied for planning permission they might object. Neighbours very much onside - on the side the shed is adjacent they have an even larger shed am guessing maybe 3.2+m high and whom have said they don't object, whilst on the other they asked if I'd care to build them one too!
Am only building the shed so that I can get on and start doing some proper woodwork...
Cheers

Its finished now, try not to worry about it, you say you will apply for planning later this year, what if its refused ??I would forget about it.

Sponsored Links
Ignore it. Don't involve planners unless you really have to

If that is green belt over the fence, then they can get very protective

It's done now, there are options if need be, but don't bother worrying now

Thanks for all your replies, will carry on and finish the windows.. then I can start on the inside ;)

If all else fails I can re-roof with a single pitch - won't be so aesthetically pleasing, but if it keeps the planners happy, then I can work in peace!

Thanks once again to all for your advice
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back