Newbie type 1 questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to order a load of type 1 for a patio sub base, am estimating about 16 tonnes.

What sort of price should I expect to pay, in Hertfordshire?

Will it be one tip? And, bit of a random one but what sort of floor area will it need to be tipped? Just so I can lay boards down for it

Sponsored Links
I recently had 6 tonnes of ‘40mm to dust’ Limestone, it took up the volume of a medium sized car.

Local aggregate place has a 20 lorry and can drop that off... make sure you have good pavements as heavy truck Puts a lot of strain on ground that not firm!

I paid 30£ per tonne, being further south you are bound to pay more.

Will it be one tip? And, bit of a random one but what sort of floor area will it need to be tipped? Just so I can lay boards down for it
It'll cover an area about 3.5m square depending how you have the driver drag it out. We normally have an area prepped double that so that we have loading zone ready for when I perch the digger on top and load the barrows/dumper.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys
Got 16 tonnes for £200 delivered (place a mile up the road has its own crusher), and 8 wheel grab lorry for £250 to get rid of everything first. Didn’t think it too bad a price in Herts/Essex

Said they grab most of it out then tip the remainder

Can the type 1 get wet/rained on? As I need some of it straight away (3 tonne) and the rest about 5 days later after I’ve had a small wall built

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back