newboiler won't shutdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, hope someone can help. I've just installed a new greenstar 24ri boiler and have hit a small snag. The boiler is a replacement for an old potterton that after 20 odd years gave up the ghost. The new boiler fires up ok when hot water is required and will shut down when the set temp for the hot water is met, the problem occurs when central heating cuts in, it operates the mid position valve as it should and will heat the house fine but it wont shut down when the room temp stat is met. I have gone back to the programmer and manually switched off both hot water and central heating circuits and still the boiler runs. the only way to shutdown the boiler is to switch off the electrical supply to the whole system and then turn it back on to reset it. the boiler has a pump overrun :confused: [/b]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Look pal don't come on here telling us you banged in your own boiler, and then asking the pros for help.

How cheeky is that!! Lol

I've put in my fare share of central heating systems in my time and they've all worked perfectly and I've also got a mate who's happy to certify my work. You don't have to be Einstein to know how heating systems work. so I'll figure it out myself 'PAL'

One would hope that if you are competent to install a gas boiler, you'd be able to fault diagnose the controls. Some time with a wiring diagram and a multimeter is needed methinks.

I don't know. Many gas safe installers have no idea how to properly and safely wire a central heating system.

I've put in my fare share of central heating systems in my time and they've all worked perfectly and I've also got a mate who's happy to certify my work. You don't have to be Einstein to know how heating systems work. so I'll figure it out myself 'PAL'

good I'm glad you can because i don't think you are gonna get any help here, two things we hate are DIY gas & even worse an RGI that illegally signs off DIY gas work.

I suggest you ask your mate that's if GS haven't already kicked him off the reg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back