newboiler won't shutdown

Sponsored Links
some of you plumbers / central heating engineers are so up yourselves. I happen to be an electrician and have installed the control circuit myself so I know that it's correct because it worked with the old boiler for the last 20 years and I happen to do a lot of the control circuits for my mate, thats How I've become so competent when installing central heating systems, whether they be open vented, sealed and pressurised including combis and even megaflows. I learned by helping him on my weekends off, free of charge. It's why he trusts what I do.
All I was asking was whether the changing of one manufacturer from another with regard to the boiler would make any difference. both boilers have pump overruns and the only difference between then is the new one is obviously a condensing boiler. i'm wondering if the mid position valve might be at fault. Oh by the way if any of you have any problems with anything electrical at home and need any advice please don't hesitate to ask. I thought that's what we were all here for

Sponsored Links
Try posting something like "I just fitted my own consumer unit" in the sparkys forum and see how far you get, especially if you add "I cant test to see if the earth is connected properly but it looks ok" and good luck getting your problem sorted ;)

Try posting something like "I just fitted my own consumer unit" in the sparkys forum and see how far you get, especially if you add "I cant test to see if the earth is connected properly but it looks ok" and good luck getting your problem sorted ;)

They will help. ;)

And remind you to get building control in to inspect it.

And point out that nobody who DIYed it correctly has ever been prosecuted for not having building control in to inspect it.

And tell you which privatised piece of CEGB you need to call to get them to inspect and fix your earth.

To be fair though:

The law on electrics isn't as anal as gas with regards competency/there's less risk of the forum operators having their backsides roasted.

Provided you can read/follow instructions its much easier to do a proper job on the electrics. (the tools and test equipment are much cheaper and wires are easier to route/connect than pipes)

Thanks for all you help chaps. As I suspected, just tested the mid pos valve and it's up the creek. Easy fix then. Oh and by the way boys you don't need loads of certificates to tell whether you have any intelligence. I've seen what some of you so called experts have done in the past and it's one of the reasons I do it myself, the other reason being that because I'm not a plumber/ CH engineer by trade I make sure what I do is to the highest standard. I've even been asked to put right some of the stuff some of you bodge it and scarpers have left behind. Your not brain surgeons your
tradesmen.

What make is your 3 port valve.

I would bet that after you change it the problem will continue. But hey I'm not an electrician so I probably wouldn't be able to track down the fault ;)

Thanks for all you help chaps. As I suspected, just tested the mid pos valve and it's up the creek. Easy fix then. Oh and by the way boys you don't need loads of certificates to tell whether you have any intelligence. I've seen what some of you so called experts have done in the past and it's one of the reasons I do it myself, the other reason being that because I'm not a plumber/ CH engineer by trade I make sure what I do is to the highest standard. I've even been asked to put right some of the stuff some of you bodge it and scarpers have left behind. Your not brain surgeons your
tradesmen.

Bored tradesmens sour grapes over someone else being able to do something for themselves.

I don't know. Many gas safe installers have no idea how to properly and safely wire a central heating system.

That's funny because many electricians can't either.

I've never seen the issue with heating wiring, easy to wire and put together, so have never understood why people don't think an electrician can do an electrical task as simple as that.

I don't know. Many gas safe installers have no idea how to properly and safely wire a central heating system.

I've never seen the issue with heating wiring, easy to wire and put together, so have never understood why people don't think an electrician can do an electrical task as simple as that.

There are many electricians that can but many that can't, and even more that can't fault find

There are many electricians that can but many that can't, and even more that can't fault find

Most on installation work can't think for themselves or do anything that doesn't have written instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back