newboiler won't shutdown

Thanks for all you help chaps. As I suspected, just tested the mid pos valve and it's up the creek. Easy fix then. Oh and by the way boys you don't need loads of certificates to tell whether you have any intelligence. I've seen what some of you so called experts have done in the past and it's one of the reasons I do it myself, the other reason being that because I'm not a plumber/ CH engineer by trade I make sure what I do is to the highest standard. I've even been asked to put right some of the stuff some of you bodge it and scarpers have left behind. Your not brain surgeons your
tradesmen.

Yes it shows by your ignorance in your posts

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Your not brain surgeons your
tradesmen.

it should be 'you're not brain surgeons you're tradesmen'

your grasp of the english language is amazing!

someone once said, dont argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I happen to be an electrician and have installed the control circuit myself so I know that it's correct because it worked with the old boiler for the last 20 years

yeah nuffinks changed mate. imagine one day someone will invent a phone that you can use whilst driving!

I was reading a report today about an RGI who was fined about £3000 for signing off work done by non reg people!

So he's an electrician who has to go on an internet forum to fix what turns out to be a controls fault.

Rubbishes the gas installation trade .........some of whom here are also qualified full scope electricians.

Shoots himself in the foot and then reloads. All on a public forum.

How embarrassing. Hope you didn't use your real name, Alan, this thread will be here forever. :p

Well mate, I've been to a job that might be one of yours, electrician fitted an oil boiler and unvented cylinder

1. No oil filter
2. No fire valve
3. Condensate incorrectly fitted
4. Discharge pipe incorrect size and terminated incorrectly
5. Vent pipe on heating incorrect size
6. F&e tank fitted to close to roof
7. Pump fitted in the wrong place
8. System wired up incorrectly!!!!

Just wondering if it was one of your jobs??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back