Next door neighbour infringing on privacy with decking

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
U
Does Tommy Lee live there? That deck looks suspiciously like his drum riser from the Motley Crue concert I went to back in the 80s! Say hi to Pam for me!
Oh, and put pigeon spikes along your boundary fence to stop them perching on it?
Some people! They probably have a caravan on public land too...
Good luck!
:ROFLMAO:

Why not cut a hole in your fence and store your stuff (or dog) under their decking?
Thankyou for your thoughtful idea...but if you look at the photos , my garden is solid Cornish soil at that top bit on the far right of the photo :cool:

yes indeed its the smallest height off the ground [ground highest point] that dictates the situation and need to know its 300mm or less
It's way higher than 300mm. The photos show the table outside the back door. Then next to the table, is the raised decking at a similar height to top of the table by the back door . That's only the lower part!

can we try a different tack here to get an answer
iff you go up your garden to the furthest away from the house point and drop a tape down there side on the back edge off the decking to the top off the fence discreetly do the same your side and the difference should give you a rough idea off actual difference
iff near to and just above 300mm you need more accurate measurements and take more note off deviation in height side to side as well as back to front?

ok looking again at the photos your house/flat seems to be stepped down about 3ft so my idea above is not applicable
Yes, my flat is about 3ft lower than theirs

yes indeed its the smallest height off the ground [ground highest point] that dictates the situation and need to know its 300mm or less
It's much higher than 300mm - and that's at the bottom part. Even higher at the part where the decking has been built. There are steps up to that bit , so they can look into my kitchen window and patio. No privacy for me!

Sigh, is the property with the decking a flat or a house? If it is a flat then it does not have any permitted development rights and all of the talk about height is irrelevant as it would need planning permission no matter what.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back