Next door neighbour..the escalation by mondyman

Sponsored Links
Feel for you mondyman. Why are some neighbours so inconsiderate. I hope it doesnt catch fire in the next lightning storm....

Keep us updated please.

Sponsored Links
Just happened to look at the council planning website at the application and it was decided today .

1) The decking is unneighbourly, creating an extended, elevated platform offering views into and over the amenity areas of adjacent properties to the detriment of the owner/occupiers residential amenity. Furthermore, by virtue of its scale and elevated position, the decking and associated fencing is considered to have an overbearing impact upon users of the rear gardens of the neighbouring properties. The decking is considered to be contrary to Policy AW5 of the Rhondda Cynon Taf Local Development Plan.
2) The elevated decking and fencing by virtue of its scale, has a detrimental impact on the character and appearance of both the existing property and the surrounding area, contrary to policy AW5 of the Rhondda Cynon Taf Local Development Plan

Looks like we've won the case just as we expected to but more then likely they'll appeal it , we'll have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

But Hey feeling preety dam chuffed at the moment.....the wife suggested making a recording of the The last post for when they take the flag down :LOL:

Mondy

Well good news for a change!

So sad that they can have made such a chit-hole eyesore of that amazing scenery out the back :(

And just think, a stray rocket could of hit it tonight and caught on fire.

Dam Fireworks.

Andy

I rang the council last week ( dec 15th ) just to enquire where i stood regarding the decking after the verdict and found to my surprise that they have written a letter to the Director of Planning of RCT council !

I spoke to the council surveyor who supervised the case and he was a decent bloke and basically said they have no chance in hell of having the decision overturned bu the director.

But the final crunch is we have rented a nice house a few streets away , already moved , as the stress is just too much for me and the wife and we are selling up and moving as soon as the case is settled..

To be honest they can think they've won all they want....i just want my sanity and my wife's and my family to be happy....not much to ask eh ?

Forced out is a horrible term that really does stick in my throat but having 2 kids and a healthy profit in the house it'll ease the pain a bit..

Gutted we lost our dream home cos of these people....Anyway...dish best served cold springs to mind......

Regards Mondy , and merry Xmas to you all

mondy - all the best for the future and keep in touch on here. Shame that the deranged neighbours have caused you so much grief, but you never know, sometimes things happen for a good reason. :D

Merry XMas to you and yours

Gutted we lost our dream home cos of these people....Anyway...dish best served cold springs to mind......
Give it time, you will all feel better for it, no point being in a dream home if you're not happy, This is very true "what goes around comes around"

If you've got your health, you've got just about everything, have a good Christmas ;)

imo a 'dream home' must have everthing. including good neighbours.. what is important here is you had the strength to so the problem out in a grown up way.

Good luck in your new home.

Life moves on for you and he is stuck with who he is, at least you CAN move on! It can't be easy going through life as an ignorant ar**hole, take solace in the fact that its not you. Good luck in your new home where ever it may be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back