next door re-roofed

S

sammoseley

Hi
next door has had their roof re-done as part of their extension, can someone tell me why this is OK and won't leak (see pic) , new synthetic slates butted up against mine not interleaved...theirs is felted mine isn't, just looking for reassurance that this is fine (quality looks really good of what they've done so no reason to doubt it). anyway sorry as it's obvious I know nothing about roofing but any thoughts appreciated
cheers
Sam

Sponsored Links
If it did not leak yesterday after all that rain, then it's probably been done OK

No-one can say that it will never ever leak in the future

cheers Woody, don't think it leaked but as the join is above the wall can't be 100%, but I assume they must have felted under the join then sloped it up under my slates to stop anything getting in the join
cheers
sam

They will have used a purpose made GRP bonding gutter. Which is a length of fibreglass type stuff that fits on top of the battens and is then is slated over, and this allows you to join into next door without having to run the courses through.

No need to worry, until the GRP fails that is, most have 20 year guarantee.

Sponsored Links
If you take a walk around the streets you'll see hundreds of similar houses. If there was a problem I'm sure you'd hear about it by now.

thanks v much and once again apologies for the daft question, but I knew I'd get useful advice on here as always.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back