Slate roof help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Something else expensive to worry about no doubt.

Anyway noticed this evening there is a broken slate tile sitting on my flat roof of the extension.

Looked up at the main roof and see the tile right at the top under the ridge tile is missing.

How would this be repaired? Am I looking at removing the ridge tiles and re searise, or is it going to be a complete re roof?

The roof is 80years old and has never been replaced, had the odd repair over the years by the looks of it.

I live in a conservation area so the roof must remain as slate, so if it was a re roof, could they reuse the slate tile?

Attachments

• IMG_20180417_190434.jpg
    IMG_20180417_190434.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 166
Sponsored Links
Just get somebody to fix it.
If you got it re-roofed they would use the same slate
as long as they are in decent condition.

from what i can see in the picture they probably are re usable. and a simple repair easy enough

Sponsored Links
Thanks, had a roofer round today can fix for £200.

Gonna remove the 2 ridge tiles replace the broken tile and any others that break when removing the ridge tiles.

I hit panick stations thinking it was going to cost me a fortune. I struggle to deal with trades people, I always struggle to find someone decent.

Sorry if I wasted people's time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back