Next Door's Decking.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I was just wondering if anybody has an idea of how to hide this unsightly moss/gunk that builds up every time it rains. I clean it regularly however when it rains it just builds up again and goes onto my paving also. Neighbour had it power hosed the other day so all the crap comes into mine. No point in a wooden frame of some kind as I have already put some fence panels up but the moss is starting to penetrate that now. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 204
Sponsored Links
"wet and forget" will kill it and prevent regrowth for a while. There's usually a discount or special offer on their website. If not, come back and I may have a code I can message to you. A container lasts a long time because you dilute it in water.

the problem is excessive damp. Life will grow on any surface that supports it, and a damp surface is hospitable to life. I assume that area gets no sun. Sometimes, putting more of a fall on the surface, so rain runs off and it dries quicker, will do the trick, or providing some kind of gutter for drainage.

The timber can be treated with a wood preserver in summer, when it is fully dry.

Thanks John. Was going to build a little raised brick bed. Will definitely get the wet and forget though thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back