Next doors screaming boiler advice PLEASE!

MCBEAN is the flue painted black ,if you can ask them have they got an Ideal boiler .If so it can be cured.

Sponsored Links
I didnt know what a depot injection was so I looked it up and found THIS
I'm off to the doctors tomorrow for one :evil: :LOL:

Pigunderaroof said:
It's the high wine sound that I can't stand and always around 11pm.

Try pouring your wine with the bottle nearer the glass to create a low wine sound This has the advantage that you are less likely to spill any

slug baby you very disturbed man from pakistan

Have definitely narrowed it down to the boiler next door - it starts when it comes on and continues untill it goes off , from a gov website LFN or low frequency noise can sound louder within the building - the resonance/ noise comes through the garage door which faces our wall - might offer to pay someone to check it - had the Enviromental health people round but the wife was out (hopefully the neighbours did not see this as we dont want to cause any trouble they are difficult enough to deal with as it is) i would like to see if we can measure it as proof :confused:

Sponsored Links
Lor the flue is white whats the cure if if it an ideal boiler it might work because we are pretty desperate

sounds like it is a condesing boiler. if the noise has appeared recently itmay be caused by a build up of deposits on the hex, condesing boilers r
susceptible to this
your only option is to get an engineer to check over the boiler

Its a glowworm boiler running on LPG - we get the hum when the thing is puffing and as its seems when it is not puffing so it could be something else in the garage - but

Does this type of boiler run fans at any time when the flue is not puffing ?

FAN RUNS ON but only for a few seconds. pump runs on for few minutes,
does it not disturb them ?
is it totally out of the question to talk to your neighbors?

8) start a waar of attrition, when the noise starts at night nip over the fence and put a plastic bag over the flue for a few minutes, the boiler should lock out and require a manual reset, remove bag. keep doing this until they decide to get a new boiler because the engineers cant fix it.

Have started a discussion but its my wife to the women of the house (ie the technical people) the guy is very difficult to deal with rationally - the biggest difficulty is thats its worse in the middle of the night and my hearing is not good enough (or bad enough) to hear it - i asked the question about this type of boiler because we still get the noise when it is not puffing smoke out the flue which tells me either the pump is running on continuous or the noise comes from another source.

"Puffing" ?? If you mean pulsing, that's a boiler fault, I would suggest.

If you mean a steady white "plume" that's normal when the boiler is condensing. It'll only condense when things have warmed up in the house and the boiler isn't working so hard. When it first comes on, it probably won't be condensing and you'll see little or nothing from the flue.
I saw on "brainiac" that a very low frequency can make one's colon resonate - and empty.

I'd speak to glow-worm. You may need a corgi to do it for you cos mfrs can be like that.

have you thought about screening [temporeraly or perminant]
like a plant bush or tree
or even try a sheet of ply and a layer off insulation

just to try and find out what helps

another small point if the flue encroches onto your land you can get them to move it

CHRISR condensing boilers condense when the return water temp is below approx 54 oC THIS IS THE CASE WHEN FIRST TURNED ON .as backed up by observation of my own boiler. my boiler plumes nearly always .

pierrot said:
8) start a waar of attrition, when the noise starts at night nip over the fence and put a plastic bag over the flue for a few minutes, the boiler should lock out and require a manual reset, remove bag. keep doing this until they decide to get a new boiler because the engineers cant fix it.
someones bound to try and drum up business paying little kids to do that over the weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back