NHS Contact Tracing App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a grim fact that many of the Covid decisions by this government are driven by giving contracts to their mates

Not exactly true - they have used the services they usually do and have done for a long time. Been through why before so wont repeat.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
LOL It also depends on if they are standing still or moving around.

Obviously. I know but it's not as bad as a directional aerial.
Directional antenna are very very rare in phones afaik. That's not to say that the antennas might be rubbish in one plane, or if you're holding the phone wrong (trademark apple), but deliberately directional? Nope, especially not for Bluetooth.

Directional antenna are very very rare in phones afaik. That's not to say that the antennas might be rubbish in one plane, or if you're holding the phone wrong (trademark apple), but deliberately directional? Nope, especially not for Bluetooth.

Apple probably worried about it going into peoples heads and other factors such as tuning the aerial on the basis of where a head will be. Radiation for aerials is effected by objects near to them but from memory distances relate to wavelengths / number of them. That's what made me wonder what they have done. Some models using dummy heads show some distortion.

:) Reminds me of the key fob distance test. Move way from the car until it no longer works. Then place it next to the side of your head and see how much further you can go while looking directly at the car. Not done it for some time but while thinking did I lock it have unlocked and relocked it that way.

is there any reason why the UK couldnt have used the German test and trace app -they made it open source?

Probably makes little difference take up rate for the apps has typically been low.

I've heard figures of around 60%. :) Bit of a catch though if they don't work. Korea's should work on any phone but uses a different technique.

Probably makes little difference take up rate for the apps has typically been low.
true but the UK have spent £12m on one that doesnt work.

so I was interested to know if we could've had one for free -although take up would be even less if it was only in German....

so I was interested to know if we could've had one for free -although take up would be even less if it was only in German....
(Iceland have one that works in 7 languages)

Wednesday 24th June
Borisconi claimed no country had a working app, despite 12m downloads in Germany.

Friday 26th June
"Boris Johnson asks Germany for help to rescue UK's contact-tracing app"

He is completely out of his depth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links