NHS Contact Tracing App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It's gone. Another complete c ock up by this sad sad excuse for a government that I even voted for. Lets let the idiots take us out of the thieving corrupt gravy train called the European Union and then force a general election. Even Starmer is better than these bunch of clowns. Not that I would have ever used that app anyway. I wouldn't have even downloaded it and if came down automatically it would have been taken off straight away.

France, Germany, Australia, loads of countries went down exactly the same route and loads of countries expected Apple/Google to play ball.

Now, this digital tax that European countries want to put on Amazon and Google, no, couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.

Sponsored Links
Fillyboy cant handle facts.....Ive proved him wrong too many times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

same with this:

Marc Warner

faculty Science Ltd, brother of Ben Warner

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/DjrBjNBexIQSKw0A6KYjFbMZWxs/appointments

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/nhs-contact-tracing-app.543094/page-16#ixzz6PpifrCOJ

NHSX was given £250m and Faculty has been awarded many contracts - their output being they have produced better headlines than useful code.

It's a cabal, irrespective of your party affiliation you should be wary contracts are simply handed out to relatives and close friends of those in charge.

It's a cabal, irrespective of your party affiliation you should be wary contracts are simply handed out to relatives and close friends of those in charge.

And that relative or close friend is?...............

Does anyone think we will need the app?

Given the demographic of those most at risk.

I wouldn't trust google, apple or the UK govt to build the software. Apple will lock it down so you have to buy it from them, google will "borrow" it from someone else and then claim fair use and the public sector, will as usual, no matter who is in no.10 employ an army of Quentin's and Tarquins from polyversities to "change manage" the project to ensure it delivers nothing more than some decent management consultancy fees.

Does anyone think we will need the app?

Given the demographic of those most at risk.

I wouldn't trust google, apple or the UK govt to build the software. Apple will lock it down so you have to buy it from them, google will "borrow" it from someone else and then claim fair use and the public sector, will as usual, no matter who is in no.10 employ an army of Quentin's and Tarquins from polyversities to "change manage" the project to ensure it delivers nothing more than some decent management consultancy fees.
Yes. The goal at the moment is to reduce the spread in the public to avoid those at risk catching it. And to avoid losing swathes of the NHS out on sick leave. The app is part of reducing that spread.

Aha!

I know why the NHSX version is believed to give better distance estimation. They include the phone make and model which allows you to calibrate their signal strength more readily. Still won't be able to tell if a phone is near by in a pocket or far away in someones hand, but better.

The problem lies in variations between different models of mobile phone, which send out the Bluetooth signals used for the tracking at slightly different strengths. In the original NHS app, the make and model of phone was included in the system, allowing the app to alter its estimates accordingly.

Also, Germany and Italy are both using the Apple/Google model and are pleased with it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ld-of-uk-plans-to-use-their-tech-with-nhs-app

Im not bothering to read the whole thread.
Simply put, the UK government couldn't organise a shower in a rainstorm, they have no hopes of managing an app across millions of users and keeping the data private.

Not coming to a phone near me any time sooner or later.

I know why the NHSX version is believed to give better distance estimation. They include the phone make and model which allows you to calibrate their signal strength more readily. Still won't be able to tell if a phone is near by in a pocket or far away in someones hand, but better.

And of course some people may give their phone to the wife to carry, and then make the wife walk six feet behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links