NHS spending cuts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well the first thing that springs to mind is that the first saving would be to stop employing management consultants on silly money to say something obvious like 'cut the workforce by 10%'. How long did it take them to come up with that ground breaking strategy? How much did they get paid for that moment of wisdom? Don't they realise it's an election year? The report has already been rejected out of hand - but that won't stop the big juicy pay cheque from landing on their doormat will it?

The real answer is easy. 80% of the health budget goes on the over 65s, the least productive group in society. Let's face it, in the old days you got old and died. That ethos has got to return. No point in keeping old people with dementia alive and sending the country bust. When you lose your marbles then your life is over, the pilot has left the aircraft. Time to switch off the auto pilot and let the plane crash. OK it's harsh - but it's the only realistic answer.

Sponsored Links
When you lose your marbles then your life is over, the pilot has left the aircraft. Time to switch off the auto pilot and let the plane crash.
Nice to hear you volunteering to head the queue... :LOL:

I'm sure we could make significant saving by refusing medical treatment to prisoners, solicitors, barristers and the plod. :LOL:

When you lose your marbles then your life is over, the pilot has left the aircraft. Time to switch off the auto pilot and let the plane crash.
Nice to hear you volunteering to head the queue... :LOL:

Yes. I'd willingly sign something today. Do you want to live like a veggie? well do you?

Sponsored Links
I used to work in IT dept covering 10 hospitals in Sotuh London and Surrey. In our dept alone we had 2 people who were on managers salary but didn't manage anyone and had no one reporting to them.

NHS treatment for people who have contributed nothing into our system, should not be free, there should be a charge.
I know that may seem harsh, but why should they get treatment for free?

Wotan

Yes. I'd willingly sign something today. Do you want to live like a veggie? well do you?

Fine, if an individual wants to make that choice through a 'living will'...but compulsory would be the thin end of a very large wedge!

consultancy I believe is brought in when any government has to decide on changes as it has to be seen to gain independant advice beforehand.
I suppose it shows impartiality, unfortunately the results of this particular document were not satisfactory in its suggestions and so was rejected.

Time to switch off the auto pilot and let the plane crash. OK it's harsh - but it's the only realistic answer.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: are you for real

Who wants to live 10 years longer when all you do is salivate, dribble and recognise no-one - not even your own kids. I honestly believe that at that point it's time to turn off the big light.

Time to switch off the auto pilot and let the plane crash. OK it's harsh - but it's the only realistic answer.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: are you for real

Who wants to live 10 years longer when all you do is salivate, dribble and recognise no-one - not even your own kids. I honestly believe that at that point it's time to turn off the big light.
I believe that the option to "self terminate" should be freely available subject to psychiatric assessment. But I don't agree with your "Brave New World" thesis

Do YOU want to spend 10 years dribbling and slouching in an old chair zonked out on valium in some seedy nursing home? Not for me thanx.

Do YOU want to spend 10 years dribbling and slouching in an old chair zonked out on valium in some seedy nursing home? Not for me thanx.
I misread your original post. In light of my arguments on a nearby post it would seem hypocritical for me not to agree with you, even though I naturally feel uncomfortable with doing so.

Sponsored Links
Back