NHS spending cuts.

For those who want to die, i.e. the ones who are in terrible pain, have an incurable illness, are suffering a degenerative motor function disease and are completely without hope, then their desire to die should be for selfish reasons.

The danger with euthanasia or 'the right to die' arises in situations where the ill or sick person becomes a burden to their folks, coupled with the fact they may have a few bob or a large estate. When a person is of more use to you dead financially, then malicious intentions spring forth.

Allowing or even encouraging someone to die for financial reasons is a crime.

This is a very grey area and there will be a lot of wealthy lawyers before it is sorted. I agree with Joseph in that quality of life must be such that life is worth living.

There are some people in this world however, that were born blind, born without limbs, only ever new pain, these people bravely carry on. It is only those amongst us that have had such a good life that to suddenly have this taken away renders us suicidal wrecks.

Sponsored Links
Ok I posted a little hastily there and mistook the comments of others for yours. I apologise.

But er, what exactly are you saying?

Do you believe that healthcare should be denied to those that haven't contributed to society or are short term immigrants.

Or are you saying that pensions/benefits shouldn't be given, or should be reduced for the asset wealthy (such as yourself)

Or the opposite, that those who haven't contributed enough tax and NI should receive much lower pensions/benefits.

Or none of the above :confused:

Joe-90, I believe you have dodged the man's question. Which is it to be?
What I need to know Joe is are you suggesting that both of my parents should be "exterminated" to save everyone a few quid a week?
Or next time one of them gets ill medical assistance shoul be refused?
Or are you suggesting that people should be allowed to choose when they die?
Or are you just playing devils advocate?
Might I suggest that instead of "thanking" phildigger, maybe you should be apologising?

Gareth. You had me banned from the Tiling forum by running off telling fibs to admin. Not interested in talking to you.

Sponsored Links
I don't tell lies. But tell me.... banned? Is this true? Oh rejoice!
Now big up and answer the man's question.

No Gareth. I speak to men - not big girls like you.

The UK is going bust at an alarming rate.

Already the total amount of income tax paid by British workers doesn't even cover the welfare bill. So I ask you again - where's the money coming from?

Well politicians and heads of business seem to be ok, earning themselves a respectable wage, and there seems to be enough money floating about to have a couple of wars on the go.

The question should really be, where's all the money going?

Don't know if you caught the Dispatches episode How They Squander Our Billions

No Gareth. I speak to men - not big girls like you.

:LOL: good on ya Joe, start a serious discussion on a morally and politically weighty issue and end up calling someone a big girl. :LOL: :LOL:

Can't you do us another song on Youtube?

go on it'll be fun, do you do requests? Can you do a version of 'Suicide Is Painless'?

I'm familiar with the song and sometimes do it as an instrumental whereby I play the chords and pick out the melody at the same time (sounds like 2 guitars). I'm too busy at present though.

Gcol, stop being so provocative you big girl's airy fairy blouse :LOL: :LOL:

Personally, at present, I have no intention of sticking around for too long when I retire - I would like my children to be settled and happy. Beyond that I don't really want to become a burden for them in any way and would rather remove them from what will become the increasingly timresome shackles of my continued existence.

Thus I advocate voluntary euthenasia for anyone who has submitted themself for psychiatric assessment over a period of, say, 18 months to ensure it is not a short lived (no pun intended) period of depression.

Thus I advocate voluntary euthenasia for anyone who has submitted themself for psychiatric assessment over a period of, say, 18 months to ensure it is not a short lived (no pun intended) period of depression.

My views exactly.

I'll give you a sloppy kiss for that one.

My views exactly.

I'll give you a sloppy kiss for that one.
If you do that joe, then I may have to go for a fast track process, starting tomorrow with the third assessment by lunchtime ;)

So Joe, of the options I presented earlier you favour voluntary euthanasia I presume? (based on your reply to dextrous). May I ask then why you made no mention of this when the topic was started and merely stated that there is" No point in keeping old people with dementia alive and sending the country bust. When you lose your marbles then your life is over, the pilot has left the aircraft. Time to switch off the auto pilot and let the plane crash. OK it's harsh - but it's the only realistic answer."

Whilst I totally agree with you that radical overhaul of the welfare system is required (where`s Frank Fields when you need him?-oh thats right he got sacked when he dared to think the unthinkable as his masters asked him to) I can`t for the life of my figure out why you belive the elderly and or dementia sufferers should be the ones who pay the price

By the way Gareth, I appreciate your comments and would like a straight answer from Joe but whatever that answer is Joe is as entitled to his opinions as anyone else and I will respect them even if they are totally at the other end of the spectrum to mine

So Joe, of the options I presented earlier you favour voluntary euthanasia I presume? (based on your reply to dextrous). May I ask then why you made no mention of this when the topic was started and merely stated that there is" No point in keeping old people with dementia alive and sending the country bust. When you lose your marbles then your life is over, the pilot has left the aircraft. Time to switch off the auto pilot and let the plane crash. OK it's harsh - but it's the only realistic answer."

Whilst I totally agree with you that radical overhaul of the welfare system is required (where`s Frank Fields when you need him?-oh thats right he got sacked when he dared to think the unthinkable as his masters asked him to) I can`t for the life of my figure out why you belive the elderly and or dementia sufferers should be the ones who pay the price

By the way Gareth, I appreciate your comments and would like a straight answer from Joe but whatever that answer is Joe is as entitled to his opinions as anyone else and I will respect them even if they are totally at the other end of the spectrum to mine
I hope my viewpoint hasn't offended you in any way or form. I don't promote involuntary euthanasia - or "murder" as I believe it's called. My mother died 2 months ago (aged 88 ) and was starting to increasingly lose her memory. Although we worried about her quality of life and felt that, for her sake, it was the right time for her to go, it never crossed our minds for a second that we would ever proactively seek her termination (for want of a better word).

There were times in hospital when we were asked by the doctors whether to resucitate should her heart fail. After consideration, given her other physical ailments we advised them not to. But that's a different issue altogether from the one under scrutiny.

Sponsored Links
Back