NIC DI Assessment Soon!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got my DIS assessment this week, and am after some pointers as to what i should watch out for with the work i've done and any other tips regarding the assessment.
I've done the following work on my own and another house after speaking to LABC and NIC to check if these jobs are ok. (LABC has said to keep work to new circuits, then if i for some reason fail the assessment i should either notify them again to come and check it or simply remove the new works....i don't plan on failing ;/ )

Job 1: is a another house (Parents) they had already had a CU change done last year (which looks messy inside) so decided to add another small CU for some outdoor supplies. I've fitted some IP66 sockets via 4mm3cSWA in a radial and have also fitted a bulk head light next to a gate in 1.5mm3cSWA via a timer/switch and photocell. Any pitfalls i should look out for.

Job 2: My house, just moved in, it already had a reasonbly new CU, so have simply added a new circuit via 2.5 t/e to a s/wfused spur (all inside the cupboard the CU is in) for an electric fire.

I've also tested and checked the upstairs sockets so he can check me on testing a ring.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Posted this a while back just after my 1st DI assessment (I'd done a CU change on my house and an extra light fitting on another house)

... the yearly assessments have basically followed it to one degree or another depending on the assessor..

Started off going through all my books/paperwork copy of the regs, part p doc, EAW regs, etc etc then he moved onto my qualifications and proof of insurance, calibration cert and monthly meter check sheet.

Then into testing (and going over my EIC and MWCs for the jobs double checking my results and why they were acceptable) Went through safe isolation procedure, checked my voltage indicator, proving unit etc, asked if I had MCB lockouts and when would I use them..........did the following tests (don't quote me on the order though)

Continuity of PEB's, Ze, PEFC, PSCC - what they are, what should be the expected readings and what relevance does PEFC/PSCC have on OCPD selection etc etc. Make sure you know the supply types and their max Ze values.. and what to do if they are over the limits.

Then onto a ring final circuit, carry out full tests r1,r2,rn R1+R2,IR etc etc. Radial circuit (R2 measurement using long lead) and IR. Zs on a circuit of his choosing (mine was on the other ring final) what the results were why Zs can be/is different to Ze+R1+R2, and where in the regs to compare to max Zs for the OCPD

RCD tests, tripping times of devices don't forget that depending on the BS number RCDs can be either 200msec or 300msec at x1 trip

Don't guess if you can't remember/not sure of a figure or a reg look it up, and most importantly don't forget to zero your meter !!

The run up is more scary than the actual assessments
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back