Nice find while decorating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about finished decorating the spare room and pulled up the old underlay ready for new carpets and found this !!! Am lost for words, what kind of a nob would do this ??

Sponsored Links
nice attempt at stitch drilling, then changed their mind. :LOL:

:LOL: Interesting use of a running stitch, though ;) We found many, many MANY electrical "ideas" when we took our house apart recently and got it ready for rewiring...best one were the live cables running down the walls and just "ending" in random parts of the house...not good when you're using a wallpaper steamer and one jabs you in the leg...

Some folk are just plain lazy...and dumb! What if you'd cut through that?! :eek:

Sponsored Links
It was quite an innovative idea, just poorly executed, had the cable been recesssed deeper, then another recess cut for a covering plate to be screwed down to protect the cable, it might then have been a reasonable solution.

Wotan

Can anyone tell me then,

How the hell did he get the cable up from one side of the joist and down the other to where ever it was going with out lifting the board in the first place? :eek:

OR, (devious thought just entered head,)
maybe it is pushed through the ceiling below and been attached to a couple of plates to stop the ceiling falling down!
Didn't think of that did you? :LOL: :LOL:

I reckon its either a really wide joist (that he didnt have a long bit for) or an rsj! (although theres holes where nails have been :rolleyes:

It's an improvised handle for lifting the floorboard to get at the hidden money. :LOL:

I have the same thing on one of the floorboards in my new house.

Rush job!

Reminds me of a certain worker i've hand the unfortunate experience to work with in the past. RH

You could have that board up in 10mins with a tenon saw, hammer and chisel.

I've never been surprised by the bizarre ideas of most DIYers when I am doing my own work. I've lost count of the times I had muttered the words "why would anyone do that?", but this one really beats anything I've encountered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back