NICEIC Work examples stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,

okay were about ready to apply to join the NIC in the next few weeks. I was wondering who here is in the NIC domestic installers scheme and has shown their examples of work.

Just after an idea on what to expect really.

We plan on showing a new D-Socket added to a ring in a bedroom (1 spur to the 1 Socket in the room) and as i understand they need to see a example in progress? Does this mean watch you do an installation or inspect/test on the work you have/are doing?

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Just completed My assessment for FULL reg but would expect the same level of inspection.

You are required to demonstrate that the work you are submitting is to BS7671, that you can inspect and test the work and that it is representative of the work you will be doing.

At present, I understand you submit two jobs for their inspection, but next year you will need to supply a list of jobs and they will pick 2 to be inspected. So you should make sure you are always happy that it conforms to regs.

M1K3
I was told the same about having one completed job & one in progress for the NIC domestic installer scheme assessment, when I gave details of the addresses & work description & stated that one was completed the other was a job in progress to NIC I received a call back from NIC & was informed that both jobs had to be completed works. Bit of a downer as one of my jobs is a full wiring installation of an extension & as im in full time employment elsewhere the sparking only gets done over weekends.

Thanks for the replies guys.

So is the spur im talking about ok for an example to show the NIC man? with the test results, schedule and minor works cert for that job

Cheers again

Sponsored Links
M1K3, I got 2391 at end of this month then im going for my Nic Dom Installer, I have planned to try and show my two jobs with a little bit more depth than just a spare, but if thats what gets you through it best of luck.
Please let me know so i can arrange for likewise.....good luck and cheers in advance

I gave the inspector a list of 11 jobs for him to pick 5.
He only asked for 10.

I had 2 copies of all certs for every job, one cover sheet with job details, tel no.s and brief description.
Be prepared, always have more than is required- customer always let you down when they say they will be in when they are not.

I also had keys for 2 jobs and a variation of jobs- 2 rewires, several minor works and a few new circuits.

The chap made me feel at ease, and was very professional.
I asked around other contractors about him and the consensus was that he was thorough but fair.

Got a lot of feedback.

I am still waiting for paperwork and other stuff to come through from NICEIC.

baldelectrician said:
I gave the inspector a list of 11 jobs for him to pick 5.
He only asked for 10.

I had 2 copies of all certs for every job, one cover sheet with job details, tel no.s and brief description.
Be prepared, always have more than is required- customer always let you down when they say they will be in when they are not.

I also had keys for 2 jobs and a variation of jobs- 2 rewires, several minor works and a few new circuits.

The chap made me feel at ease, and was very professional.
I asked around other contractors about him and the consensus was that he was thorough but fair.

Got a lot of feedback.

I am still waiting for paperwork and other stuff to come through from NICEIC.

I guess your talking about the full NIC reg there mate?

On the Domestic Installer Scheme they only ask for 2 examples of work and not 10.

CHeers for your reply tho now i know more of what to expect. I also have a key for one of the jobs i will be showing him, it must be awfull if you turn up to some place and no one is home. Making you feel a rite nunse on the door step with mr NIC.

Cheers guys

M1K3

There is no point in me doung the domestic installer scheme- Does not and will not apply north og the border.

If I go for full membership then I can do work ALL over the UK.

cool

i always thought that the regs in scotland were not the same as the ones in the uk ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back