Periodic Inspections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Ive recently joined the NIC domestic installer scheme and have been told I cant do PIR's.
A friend phoned me today asking if I would be interested in doing 1-2 PIR's a week for the letting agency he works for due to the company they usually use being very unreliable.
When the NIC say I cant do PIR's this obviously means I cant use there forms. Im wondering if a letting agency would insist on NIC certificates or I can use another cert from say a wholesalers or make my own. Im wondering if anyone does PIR's without being an NIC member for a similar type of company and uses certs bought from wholesalers or makes there own without problems?

I know I can buy the NIC green PIR certs but im wondering if these are recognised by letting agencies etc as it would cause a bit of a problem if I agree to do PIR's for this company and they insist on the proper NIC certs.

Also can anyone guide me to where I might be able to buy a cert book i.e wholesalers etc unless of course the green NIC certs are OK.

Thanks
Ken

Sponsored Links
You don't need to be registred with a a scheme to do PIR's as you are not doing any work as such, 'merely' inspecting
Most agencies will accept the Green NICEIC forms.

I'm registered with NAPIT. I use the IEE form for my PIR's and the letting agency I work with are happy with this.

The NIC cannot stop you from doing PIR's, the only criteria is whether you are competant to do so.

and the IEE web site has electronic versions of the forms for download, for free. You could print these out on green paper and bob's your mother's brother.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replys,
Can anyone give me the link for the downloadable PIR forms that are on the IEE website ive tried searching but am having no luck.
Thanks
Ken

slippyr4 said:
and the IEE web site has electronic versions of the forms for download, for free. You could print these out on green paper and bob's your mother's brother.
why green?

kenjames said:
Thanks for your replys,
Can anyone give me the link for the downloadable PIR forms that are on the IEE website ive tried searching but am having no luck.
Thanks
Ken
http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/Forms_2004.pdf

Is there a reason why the NIC wont let you use there PIR's ?

If your in the installer scheme you should be able to issue Periodic Inspection Report for a Domestic Dwelling (DPR1)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back