NICEIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I know this is DIY forum but hopefully someone will be able to help me, my company has decided to go forward and apply for NICEIC

I called NICEIC and asked for the entry requirements and for commercial they are:

£2000,000 Public Liabilty
5 completed jobs
upto date BS7671 book
guidence notes
£400 Fee (about)

Firstly, Im not a director of the company is my 2381 certificate going to get the company into NICEIC?

Secondly, the 5 completed jobs what time frame are they looking at, in the last 6 months maybe year?

Lastly, as a company the NICEIC badge is only really to cover emergency lights however there are times when we take on re wires or extension's etc will this be enough for them to allow us into their gang?

Sponsored Links
73 views but no reply, thats a bad conversion rate.

What about you secure spark or industry spark are you able to help maybe you breezer?

I'm not certain, but I beleive that if your company makes you an NICEIC qualifying manager, then your test & inspect will probably suffice (just)

I work for an NICEIC approved company (Full & DI member) but am not really involved with the clerical side of things, so am not certain.

The jobs will probably be 12 months at a guess.

Sponsored Links
:eek:

I just read that the supervisor will be subject to assesment by NICEIC, is that giung to be an exam or something?

It won't be an exam but a visit to two or more of your jobs with an assessor who will ask questions on the installation.

I am surprised they are not asking for 2391 qualification as well as other part p scams do.

The assessment involves an inspection of a number of jobs along with what is effectively a practical and oral exam for the QS.

You will be expected to be fully conversant with the regulations, understand the health and safety at work issues and be capable of demonstrating the full range of testing.

Firstly they will require 2 appointed persons. 1 is the principal duty holder, this is a purely clerical role, just a point of contact if anything. Secondly, a qualifying supervisor. This is the big 1. Quite achievable, but as has been said, a very good understanding of the regulations and more importantly how to apply them or where to find the answer if you can't remember. When I did mine last year, I crapped it for a few weeks! The area engineer will bombard you with questions for quite a while. BUT if you can turn it around and waffle on to him about what you know about the regs, it can go in your favour and you will get a lot less of a grilling :D I am also very surprised you haven't been asked for the 2391 as the 2381 is only a 16th update course which every 15th or older spark should have anyway? There is a rake of other stuff you need, such as an accurate tester, with a log for it that it has been verified the readings are consistent. The application pack will explain all this and more. I totally reccomend you get the NICEIC book on testing and inspection if you haven't already. Also you said you did mainly emergency lighting. You may have a bit of a problem with this as it is a limited scope of work. Having said that, 1 of the sections of the approval is for emergency lighting so I could be wrong? Good luck matey :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back