Night storage heater

• Thread starter pinkjessi21
  • Start date
P

pinkjessi21

Hi I have night storage heaters in my house. I want them to heat my bedroom at night, what should I set the output control to at night? I'm not worried about heat in the day, just want it warm at night! :D

Sponsored Links
So just connect them to the 24-Hour circuit and hang the consequences of the increased daytime tariff and the possibility of failure of the service fuse.

Good grief! Get yourself an electric blanket from Argos.......

Lucia

Hi I have night storage heaters in my house. I want them to heat my bedroom at night, what should I set the output control to at night? I'm not worried about heat in the day, just want it warm at night! :D

Without being model specific you heater will normally have 2 dials one to set the input strength if you like and the second is connected to a flap with lets more or less hot air out. You should be able to hear the flap opening and closing, leaving it open will allow the heater to disperse it's heat quicker therefore giving you the earlier heat you require.

Oh come come, Wangerman! The whole point of Economy 7, is that the heater needs to build up a 7-hour charge of energy using a low tariff.

What the hell is the point of opening up the output flap when the heater is trying to build up energy?

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
Oh come come, Wangerman! The whole point of Economy 7, is that the heater needs to build up a 7-hour charge of energy using a low tariff.

What the hell is the point of opening up the output flap when the heater is trying to build up energy?

Lucia.

Because that is what the OP is asking for, yes I know the heater will be stone cold by 2 in the afternoon but if that is what the guy wants to do so be it.

Storage heaters are a bunch of crap anyways

So they might be, but they work after a fashion when used as designed.

The O/P might just as well turn off the storage heater, and use a convector heater or electric blanket instead. Either way, he'll still only be paying the reduced night-rate.

It isn't possible for a storage heater to give off an equivalent amount of heat whilst it's trying to store the energy into the bricks.

Lucia.

So they might be, but they work after a fashion when used as designed.

The O/P might just as well turn off the storage heater, and use a convector heater or electric blanket instead. Either way, he'll still only be paying the reduced night-rate.

It isn't possible for a storage heater to give off an equivalent amount of heat whilst it's trying to store the energy into the bricks.

Lucia.

What about part "P" ;)

Well 'thanks' so much. Bit dangerous to put an ELECTRIC BLANKET on the cot of a 6 month yr old, so wont be doing that, but.....er.......great advice? And actually my night storage heater was hot last night WHILST CHARGING. Maybe I should speak to a qualified electrician rather than some of the experts on this site......... :evil:

Pink Jessie: You made no mention in your O/P of the 'fact' that a bairn shared your bedroom.

You seem to be a professional victim with that attitude. So perhaps you do need to consult a proper electrician. Whilst you're at it, you might seek the help of a councellor to get your mind in order.....

I just bet that you have a sign in the back window of your car, saying: "keep your distance, baby on board". And I bet that you don't remove that sign
when that infant isn't on board.

Lucia

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back