Simple panel heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have storage heaters on economy 7 and panel heaters in the bedrooms
The panel heaters we have (Ambient Air) need someone with a degree to program them, but I don't want to program them, I just want to switch them on for a couple of hours now and then when it's a bit cold in the bedroom
Can anyone recommend a panel heater that is simple to use please?
I don't need a 7 day timer, just a thermostat - a quiet one (electronic) would be perfect for the few nights a year when we leave it on all night

Thanks,
Brian

Sponsored Links
I would use a cheap fan heater to warm the room quickly and never have heating on all night. Just get a higher TOG duvet.

A fan heater is not a bad idea, thanks
Prefer blankets to duvet though and can put another one on when it gets colder

Personally if likely to be used unattended I would go for oil filled radiator if you have the room, too easy for some thing to fall on a fan heater, oil filled radiator less likely to over heat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both. I'm liking the look of this oil-filled one:
but a heated throw is a lot cheaper - time too talk to the boss

Brian

wow £400 for an electric heater to me a big con or form over function
i would say fan heater and perhaps a panel heater so less than £100 and flexibility oil filled equals slow heat up and slow cooling so less Effient in pointed heating but ok for plodding along space warming
a fan heater can be noisy but throws the heat where its wanted -----QUICKLY---- then heat flows to other areas spreading heat so more efficient at aiming heat but no more efficient at delivering heat over all as in all electrical heater give out close to 100% energy as heat so no more than a choice off slow slow general area heat input or focused to where its needed first fan heater with say 2-3kw output to give fast and efficient heat boost??

Last edited:
wow £400 for an electric heater to me a big con or form over function
Quite - but I must say that even if I were a 'form over function' person (which I certainly am not!), I see nothing about the 'form' of that product which would induce me to pay such an astronomical price for it!
i would say fan heater and perhaps a panel heater so less than £100 ...
Perhaps, but, as others have said, I would be inclined to think of just a fan heater for the OP's purposes - and that wouldn't really have to cost more than £20 :)

Kind Regards, John

I agree it's expensive, but it's the function that I like:
Set core to 30 or 60 degrees, set room temperature and that's it, and you can put clothes over it or a towel without it burning the house down
There must be a cheaper one with similar features. If not, fan heater it is

Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back