Night Storage Heaters tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an occasional problem of the thermostatic cut-out tripping off every so often. This can happen on more than one storage heater, and in more than one flat (in different buildings).
The heaters, which are Creda, are kept clean, no clothes are draped over them (I believe the tenants), yet they will just occasionally go off and need to be reset.

I tell the tenants to not have the stats turned to maximum, but human nature being what it is ...

Is this likely to be a faulty thermostat, causing the heaters to overheat?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Both replies (nearly a month ago) centred on the notion that the occupants where being dishonest and drying clothes on the radiators. Since then, no replies.

I get the impression, looking at the amount of 'churn' (if that's the right word?) on the Appliance section as apposed to Electrics, that it's a bit quiet over there. So thought I'd try my luck here.

They are designed to work with the stat set to max so that's not the cause.

If you beleive your tennants then you'll have to swap the heaters out for new ones.

Sponsored Links
Creda and Dimplex storage heaters I personally know to be bad for this. IIRC, the thermal cutout is a sprung steel (bimetallic) affair with a white plastic preset, and it sticks. you give the white knob thing a light knock and it's fine again for a while.

Creda and Dimplex. Proudly made in the UK.

Creda and Dimplex storage heaters I personally know to be bad for this. IIRC, the thermal cutout is a sprung steel (bimetallic) affair with a white plastic preset, and it sticks. you give the white knob thing a light knock and it's fine again for a while.

Creda and Dimplex. Proudly made in the UK.

Probably because Creda and Dimplex are the most widely used

No, that's definitely not the one I remember. Seldom right, and wrong again.
perhaps thats the "new improved" cutout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back