nissan almera 2004 se 1.5 -slow starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello every one our car has been a problem the last few weeks when you go to start it , it turns over for few seconds with out firing so we then try again and it fires up straight away. its as if there is no fuel there , its been doing it hot or cold if its left for a while . it runs ok when started , engine has only done 19,000 miles from new.It had a full service at dealers in october so should be running ok . any ideas anyone many thanks paul

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the battery is on its way out, not enough current capacity to turn it over fast enough, check the output of the alternator first, if thats ok i.e. over 13 V under load (14V + with no load) then replace the battery.

Ps - What year??? 19K? Is it under warranty??

hello the car is a 2004 model so out of warranty . i was going to get a battery but when i rang up for a price for battery the guy said it doesnt sound like battery , i was thinking same to as its turning engine over fast first time and when you try again to turn over it turns quick then fires up. he said it sounds like sticking relay which pumps lots fuel in when it starts . anyway i will tell you what problem is if the dealers find out on thursday , any ideas before then might save me from dealer prices lol

Sponsored Links
hi there been to the nissan dealers today who were actually very nice they seem to have found the problem .they first checked for error codes none found and after an hour they found problem the fuel pump isnt keeping the fuel pressure up when you turn the key hence why you have to crank it for a while. the fuel pump is in the tank and cost £178 for pump plus labour and vat total cost about £280.they didnt charge for todays labour which was very fair i thought. after searching internet found a web site with problems to nissans fuel pump check valves , they say the valve lets fuel run back into tank. not very good for a car only done 20,000 miles . any way if anyone else had this problem please post many thanks

Back