Nissan Micra 1998 heater not blowing very hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters heater on her Micra doesn't blow as hot as it used to do. I've taken the front panel off to look at the controls and they seem to be OK. The pipes running to the heater matrix inside the engine seem to be getting hot and the engine isn't overheating. My next thought was to drain the water out and try to flush the matrix out with a garden hose, has anyone got any better ideas?

Sponsored Links
sheddy";p="1910079 said:
My daughters heater on her Micra doesn't blow as hot as it used to do. I've taken the front panel off to look at the controls and they seem to be OK. The pipes running to the heater matrix inside the engine seem to be getting hot and the engine isn't overheating. My next thought was to drain the water out and try to flush the matrix out with a garden hose, has anyone got any better ideas?[/quote
have you checked that the cable fron the heater control to the valve that allows water into the matrix is still conected at both ends?

First indication is usually a rusty blockage - happens with these cars. Simply allow engine to cool - get a hosepipe and remove the 2 pipes going to the matrix from the engine. Blast both ways - then re-attach, add more coolent to the system (you would have drained some by removing the tubes).

~turn engine and allow to warm up... if its stll not as hot - allow to cool and re-do. has worked 100% with me in the past.

Sponsored Links
Back