no earth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have alight fitting what requires an earth the the 1mm coming out of the ceiling hasnt a earth but in the lighting joint box in the loft their are earths can i run a 1.5mm earth wire from that joint to my light

Sponsored Links
re-wire what you need to with T+E. before connecting to the JB with earth, make sure it is actually connected at the other side, and not just there

it may be time for a full re-wire

its t&e from the consumer unit to the joint box but they have used two core to wire the lights am i ok running 1.5mm earth cable from the joint box to the light

leepy said:
its t&e from the consumer unit to the joint box but they have used two core to wire the lights am i ok running 1.5mm earth cable from the joint box to the light

alsong as you test the earth to make sure it works, then yes

Sponsored Links
leepy said:
thanks andrew how do i test it

youll need insulation tester for trsting insulation, same test equipment for R1+R2. or an earth loop impedance tester

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back