no fines houses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a small pitched roof to construct in place of the existing flat roof on the rear of a property. The problem is that the house is of "no fines" construction, so impossible to drill a hole to get fixings for the wallplates. The only solution i can think of is to drill right through the wall and epoxy some threaded bar in to place to bolt the wallplates to. Anyone else come across this problem and how did you get round it?

Sponsored Links
If youy are going to drill right through the wall why bother with epoxy? Just use a long bolt with a spreader plate on the inside.

Thanks for the reply, i had thought of this and it is still an option,but it would mean cutting back the plasterboard inside to fit the spreader plates and ruining the decorations in two bedrooms.

Sponsored Links
Expansion bolts with epoxy, or propriatory epoxy fixings can be used to get a fixing. No need to drill all the way through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back