No fuel.

gosh the Tory propaganda paper makes excuses for Brexit.

whatever next :ROFLMAO:

TBF the grocer says that brexits not really the reason for hgv crisis.

Tanker drivers need an adr licence in the UK so you can't just import any labour.

Brexit happened almost 2 years ago, your saying it's taken 2 years for brexit to make a difference and create a shortage of BP tanker drivers....

It's nothing to do with pay and conditions that bp operates or anything...

Again I'm not denying brexit has an effect to some extent, I'm not going to make excuses for it or stick up for it or the Tories at every opportunity. But the thinking needs to be a broader mindset than just brexit.

The only reason there is a shortage is because of cockwombles having no common sense.

Sponsored Links
Europeans don't want to drive in the UK, so BP's plan and a possible u turn (another one) by the Tories is going to make very little difference.

https://amp.theguardian.com/busines...ll-not-want-to-come-to-uk-warn-haulage-chiefs

Need to man the fuel stations and stop the idiots...

On the flip side the fuel stations are taking in the profits, and fuel suppliers are dumping all there supplies much earlier than expected and a price rise will ensue very shortly making them even greater profits..

In the mean time hgv drivers still have poor pay and conditions..

Sponsored Links
The only reason there is a shortage is because of cockwombles having no common sense.
Yep, 36 million cars in the country, if they all have 1 extra gallon in the tanks to normal then that is the equivalent of 7,000 tanker delivery of fuel - that is the main reason for the shortage.

It’s not a Brexit 'anti-foreigner' policy.

I recall an anti-foreigner Brexer who complained that there were people in the streets speaking foreign languages.

And some of them wearing foreign clothes.

TBF to get the CSCS cards in the UK it's virtually a garunteed pass

I've been sitting in Health and safety inductions where there's been men who don't read write or speak English, but they pass... everyone passes.

It's a free for all. Build them cheap and get the hell out of there...

I've put out on social media that I'm not having sex for a month. Starting from November. I'm calling it dry November.. there is no que outside my house yet.......

TBF the grocer says that brexits not really the reason for hgv crisis.

Tanker drivers need an adr licence in the UK so you can't just import any labour.

Brexit happened almost 2 years ago, your saying it's taken 2 years for brexit to make a difference and create a shortage of BP tanker drivers....

It's nothing to do with pay and conditions that bp operates or anything...

Again I'm not denying brexit has an effect to some extent, I'm not going to make excuses for it or stick up for it or the Tories at every opportunity. But the thinking needs to be a broader mindset than just brexit.

The transition period ended on 1st Jan this year - which is when freedom of movement ended.

If you listen to owners of haulage companies, they found many EU drivers went home at Christmas for a month as usual….but never returned.

The structural problems of HGV driver shortages and pandemic supply chain issues - are indeed the fundamental reasons.

but it’s like a bath full to the brim, EU and other countries have stayed at the brim…..brexit has caused the water to flood over and create the chaos.

Brexit is entirely the reason for the chaos…it’s the straw that’s broken the camels back.

Don’t forget, brexit red tape, causing delays has caused constraints on the supply chain.

and don’t forget EU hauliers used to do cabotage runs in UK - they would send and EU delivery over, get 2 or 3 UK to UK deliveries before returning home……that’s all gone.

If you listen to owners of haulage companies, they found many EU drivers went home at Christmas for a month as usual….but never returned.

This happens in the building trade as well.. as the drivers know they wouldn't get their last pay packet if they said they weren't coming back. ....

treat people well and they will want to work for you.

Treat them bad and there will be no loyalty

A message from my local animal sanctuary:

It has been reported that next week there will be a shortage of cats in the UK.
Don't worry though, we can help you to stock up.
:)

This is from me:
Re people calling others that are waiting in ques, god forbid that the ones in front of you are also in need of fuel to get to/from work, and may they be damned for thinking that adding a little bit more
than normal because there are massive shortages might help them continue to get to/from work so they can afford to pay for their house/food etc. because they have no choice other than to use the car.
The ones in the que may actually be working for the NHS or working in other essential services - or may be extremely concerned about losing their job if they do not turn up at work.

This is not their fault, it's the fault of (as usual) the media who always hype stuff like this up and cause events like this, they did last time, they did this time and they will do it next time.

…god forbid that the ones in front of you are also in need of fuel to get to/from work…..The ones in the que may actually be working for the NHS
Yep. I filled my bike up this morning as I need it to get to work next week. I queued and filled mrs Motties car up on Friday as she needs to get to work at the hospital next week. I didn’t fill our other car as it mainly used as the dog carrying car, it’s still got fuel and if it runs out, it won’t be a problem. Anyway, the fuel 'shortage' will be sorted as soon as everyone has filled their tanks and the queues will just melt away.

Sponsored Links
Back