No heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I,m adking for advice again,you helped me out in Feb this year,thanks for that.
Alpha 28cd combi. Been running fine until this week,red light flashing on "dash" checked with supplied fault finding guide and said to flick switch to reset..all good again.Tonight turned room stat up to put heating on,boiler fired up but no heat to rads. Boiler running for some time before realising rads not on.Hot water ok only light on panel was bottom green,should be that plus orange on as well,C and D,flicked reset..nothing, then it all came on ok.Any ideas as engineer coming in next day or so to service boiler and I would like some info.TIA

Sponsored Links
How long is the boiler running for? That heated water must be going somewhere. Had similar issue this week, turns out 3 Thermostatic rad valves were stuck shut, had to change all 3 and only then heating was fine.

To The Novice,Hi Thanks for that I,ve now changed batteries in case it was that.To gas busters,all the radiators were cold,room stat at 21.5c and with flame icon lit (room temp set at 22c)denoting boiler should be on.Boiler was heard running but pressure needle was still in green band.Also boiler sounded the same as when it cuts out on reaching temp but continues to run for a short period.Hope this makes sense to you.

Sponsored Links
Does it still not work then? you haven’t isolated flow, return or both have you?

Hi The Novice its still running ok since last night..damn weird..Iv,e never been a fan of"it,s just a glitch" so can,t think of anything that could have caused it.Should have said boiler is 10 plus years old and up to this year has been very reliable apart from adding water for low pressure about twice a year.If I do need another boiler Alpha will certainly be on my list.

It might not have been a glitch and could have been the batteries in the thermostat. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back