No heating from Radiators Vaillant 832

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I am hoping that someone can help me with this problem that I am having with my Boiler.

The Boiler is a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832.

The Boiler works fine in providing Hot Water but for some reason are the Radiators not warming up at all throughout the entire House when I turn the heating on.

There are no fault codes on the display and there have been instances when the desired temperature that I set it for gets reached but the Radiators are still not warming up.

I checked the temp settings and had it ip to 65 and even tried 75 but still no luck.

Then did I try to turn the comfi mode off on the water settings which also did not help.

The Water pressure is also in the right place.

If there is anything that I may be able to do without calling someone out then I would really appreciate some help and advice.

Thanks
Wali110

Sponsored Links
Is this the Combi version or the system type? Any motorised valves anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the room thermostat?
Yes that should be fine as when I switch the desired temperature up to turn the heaters on does a small heater appear on the display on the boiler.

You need an engineer ,the diverter valve isn't working as it should.

Turn the heating on in the usual way and press the I button, should have S.4 or S.04. Has any worked on the boiler recently?

Turn the heating on in the usual way and press the I button, should have S.4 or S.04. Has any worked on the boiler recently?
Yes I have tried a chimney sweep which has not resolved the problem

Yes I have tried a chimney sweep which has not resolved the problem
I didn’t say use chimney sweep. Has anyone worked on the boiler recently, whereby a valve could be closed?

Sounds like it could be the diverter valve, but still could be a closed valve somewhere.

The Engineer just came out whose cousin installed the Boiler and he said that theres water leaking into the Boiler from the Flu (that long pipe going out of the House). He said the condensed water is running back into the Boiler which should not happen. He also mentioned that Rain Water must be getting into the flu and then into the Boiler.

I did notice that the flu is built at an upward angle which is probably the reason why the condensed water is running back into the Boiler.

He also said that it may be the diverter valve but that it can take some time to check it out properly so he will get back to me after a Week or so.

Reactions: CBW
You have a condensing boiler, condensate is supposed to run back down the inner flue. It shouldn’t leak, so it could be rainwater, damaged seal(s) or the 2. The flue has a built in fall so shouldn’t run up too high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back